John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences
You can help continue our legacy of excellence
as we build the next generation of aviation leaders.
Opportunities for Impact
Forever UND Campaign Goal: $60 million
At the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences, we work together as leaders to create, preserve and deliver the highest quality education, research and services in aerospace and related sciences for our university, our state and the worldwide community.
Your gift will:
- Keep students at UND by supporting scholarships across campus.
- Provide equipment for students.
- Purchase supplies to keep colleges, schools, and units running smoothly.
Shortly after John Hauser’s death, his family established the John A. Hauser Mental Health in Aviation Initiative Fund to provide steady support for mental health efforts and increases the capacity to affect change.
Featured Opportunity: Flight Operations Center
The new Flight Operations Center will reflect the quality of the world’s leading collegiate flight training program. Located at the heart of the UND Aerospace Flight Operations Complex, the $35 million project will:
- Update the connecting hangars and faculty/staff building
- Create a modernized space to streamline activities
- Showcase aviation excellence.
In the 2021-22 academic year, $578,590 was awarded to 146 Aerospace students. By creating more scholarships, our future aerospace leaders have more opportunity to advance their education, research and careers. Our fundraising goals are:
- Endowed Scholarships ($25,000+)
- Leadership Scholarships ($250,000+)
Supporting our faculty is a necessity. One professor can touch the lives of many through the opportunities they create. Our fundraising goals for faculty are:
- Endowed Fellowship ($500,000)
- Endowed Professorship ($1 million)
- Endowed Chair ($2.5 million)
Support our areas of greatest need, and make an immediate impact by supporting the Odegard Annual Excellence Fund.
Let Us Assist You
My sense of belonging has grown because of this scholarship, and I cannot wait to keep pursuing my dreams in flight training.Mathew Cleveland, ’23Commercial Aviation