Alumni Honors Nomination
We honor distinguished alumni during Homecoming every year.
The Sioux Award for Distinguished Achievement & Leadership is the highest award. It recognizes achievement, service and loyalty. The Young Alumni Achievement honors role models with focus, drive and a willingness to work hard. The UND Alumni Association & Foundation is proud to present both honors.
Recipients are nominated by fellow alumni, faculty, students, administration, or other professional acquaintances.
Deadline for nominations is mid-October for the following fall. Our board and management consider all nominees.
Alumni Honors Guidelines
- Graduates, former students, and friends of UND are eligible.
- UND faculty and staff are not eligible until two years after their employment ends.
- Current Alumni Association and UND Foundation Board Members are not eligible.
- There shall be no posthumous awards.
Sioux Award for Distinguished Achievement & Leadership
- Unwavering commitment to the service of others.
- High achievement throughout one’s career or profession.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Loyalty to the University of North Dakota through the gifts of time, talent, and treasure.
Young Alumni Achievement Award
- High achievement early in one’s chosen career or profession.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Skills that demonstrate one’s potential for leadership/distinction in the long term.
- Substantial indications of a commitment to the service of others.