Social Media Ambassadors
The Social Media Ambassadors provide key insight into life at the University of North Dakota.
The University Alumni Association & Foundation’s Social Media Ambassadors are connected, involved current students who are leaders in our community, convey a wealth of accurate knowledge about UND, span a wide variety of academic focuses and cocurricular interests, and are passionate about social media. The audience for this produced content goes beyond prospective students and families and includes current students/staff/faculty, alumni, recruiters, and friends of UND.
All Social Media Ambassadors must be active advocates for the institution through both personal and college-branded social media accounts. Ambassadors must act professionally, keeping in mind that they are representatives of the College (e.g. appropriate language, pictures, videos, etc.). Ambassadors are required to abide by UND Alumni Association & Foundation’s policies as outlined in the Social Media Ambassadors’ Handbook. We reserve the right to replace any students who are unable to comply.
Ideal candidate maintains a personal presence on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn and should be comfortable responding to inquiries, questions, and discussions as directed by the Communications Specialist (i.e. hashtags, branded pages, incoming student groups)
- Required to contribute to the UND AAF, UND Homecoming, and Champions Club accounts on the appropriate platforms:
- One monthly group meeting (subject to vary depending on events)
One-on-one meeting with Communications Specialist twice a semester (subject to vary depending on events)
- “Day in the life of…”
- Opportunity to “take over” social media platforms to showcase a typical day for a current student
- Required to attend monthly meetings
- Compensation: Accounts for Student Ambassador volunteer hours
- Professional Development:
- Resume-building experience that can be shared with employers
- Opportunities to establish and/or further develop online personal brand
- Recommendation letter upon request
- Exposure to social media brand strategy and new platforms through practice and training
- Be a voice of the University and drive engagement amongst online audiences
- Influence a prospective student’s decision to apply and attend UND
- Provide engagement between students and UND alumni, donors, and friends